This was disclosed by Shehu Olayinka, social media manager with the ICIR on twitter, 1st May, 2021.
According to Shehu Olayinka, the organiser of the initiative, five entries were selected out of the 61 entries received from 20 tertiary institutions across Nigeria.
“The successful applicants were selected from 61 entries submitted by student’s journalists from various institutions across Nigeria.” he said.
The five successful applicants were selected from 61 entries submitted by students journalists from various institutions across Nigeria.”
Olayinka explained that: “The first-prize winner of this inaugural award will receive N70,000, second prize winner will bag N50,000 and third prize will receive N30,000. There are other cash prizes for other winners.”
The winning entries were said to have been first published or broadcast from January 1st, 2020 to January 31st, 2021.
The statement further added that “The award winner will be announced on May 9th, 2021, as part of the birthday celebration of Lekan Otufodurin.”
Recall that Abuja Business Reports reported to you last year that Mr. Ibrahim was shortlisted for the annual Youths Digest Journalism Awards 2020 and also got selected for the African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC) 2020, South Africa.
Other finalists include, Fasilat Oluwuyi, Mohammed Yakubu, Odeyinka Oluwatobi and Ibrahim Kegbegbe Taofeek,
- Mohammed Yakubu: Evicted By Guns: How Niger State Residents Lose Homes, Families To Violent Crimes, Kidnappings | HumAngle
- Muhammad Ibrahim: INVESTIGATION: How Nigerian State Governments Poorly Interacted with Citizens via Emails During COVID-19 Pandemic, Despite ICT Advancement – Abuja Business Reports
- Fasilat Oluwuyi: Between Waters and Fishes: How water pollution set lingering crisis for Ogun fishermen – Platform Times
- Ibrahim Kegbegbe Taofeek: Lekki Conservation Centre: Protecting Wildlife, Mangrove Forest From Urban Threat (Daily Trust)
- Oluwatobi Odeyinka: INVESTIGATION: Agency diverts boreholes to ex-head of state’s residence, lawmaker’s farm, while community drinks from stream (http://premiumtimesng.com)