Africa’s top business leaders are meeting to discuss purpose-led leadership in facing the pandemic as the 2020 Africa Shared Value Leadership Virtual Summit begins today.
Obviously, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed how the world does business. Companies across Africa have initiated emergency relief efforts that span sectors and borders. What are the biggest challenges businesses have faced during this period? What Shared Value practices could business put in place to better prepare for future crises? Where are the opportunities to fuel Africa’s economic revival?
Unpacking these questions, as well as what purpose-led leadership means during a time of crisis, would climax a discussion between business leaders from across Africa who will be connecting virtually.
This event is a highlight of the 2020 Africa Shared Value Leadership eSummit, taking place from 2 – 5 June 2020 and convened by Shift Impact Africa and Shared Value Africa Initiative.
The virtual event holds from 12:00 – 14:00 GMT+2, beginning today.
Shift Impact Africa CEO Tiekie Barnard will be available for interviews in the run-up to the event.
The speakers at the will discuss:
• Insights about the challenges and learnings gained during the COVID-19 period.
• Views on what purpose-led leadership means during this time of crisis.
• Thoughts on what a possible economic recovery can look like.
• Ideas on what business as a collective can put in place to prepare for the “new normal”.
• Views on what practices can be put in place to better prepare business for future turbulence.
Participants will hear from:
Iain Williamson CEO, Old Mutual Group
Clare Akamanzi, CEO, Rwanda Development Board (RDB)
Stephen Ruzibiza, CEO, Rwanda Private Sector Federation (PSF)
Peter Ndegwa, CEO, Safaricom
Ellen Agler, CEO, Global End Fund
Hylton Kallner, CEO, Discovery Life
Minister Jeff Radebe
Ifeyinwa Ugochukwu, CEO, Tony Elumelu Foundation
Marion Gathoga CEO BOC Gases