In efforts to take precautionary measures and curb the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) has expanded its virual outlets to meet customers’ demand.
The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of AEDC, Engineer Ernest Mupwaya said in a message to AEDC customers that the measures are to “keep a safe social distance and reduce the number and frequency of one-on-one meetings with effect from Wednesday, 18th March, 2020.”
The full message, which was made available to the Abuja Business Reports, reads:
The events of the past few weeks have made it clear that the world is facing an unprecedented challenge with the COVID-19 pandemic.
We at AEDC are deeply concerned and want to do all we can to help keep our country, families, employees, customers and communities safe and healthy. On behalf of AEDC, I’d like to assure you that we are taking concerted steps to manage the situation at hand.
In doing this, AEDC is closely monitoring the health guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Health and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on the latest developments and guidance on COVID-19.
AEDC will adhere strictly to all recommendations of the NCDC on health and safety protocols as they are provided from time to time.
In strict compliance with the guidelines, the following protocols have been adopted by AEDC to keep a safe social distance and reduce the number and frequency of one-on-one meetings with effect from Wednesday, 18th March, 2020.
1. Contact channels for fault reporting or any form of complaints are forthwith temporarily restricted to AEDC 24-hrs Contact Centre (calls, social media and email);
2. Customers are encouraged to contact AEDC exclusively through our Customer Service Contacts (indicated below) as opposed to walking-in:
a. Telephone: 0803 907 0070, 0815 214 1414 or 0815 215 1515
b. WhatsApp: 0815 214 1414 or 0815 215 1515
c. Facebook: @abujaelectricity
d. Twitter: @aedcelectricity
e. Instagram: @aedcelectricity
f. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
g. Live Chat: http://www.abujaelectricity.com
3. As usual, all complaints received through any of the aforementioned channels will be given utmost attention. Customers are, therefore, requested to please provide sufficient information such as contract/meter number, phone number(s), physical address with identifiable landmark(s) for ease of location;
4. Customers who complain by telephone calls, social media or through any of the online channels will be given a tracking number through which their complaints will be tracked until fully resolved.
5. Meter applicants are advised to download the application form from our website, print it out and complete same.
Upon completion, applicants are to scan the form and send to us through our email address email@example.com. Completed application form must be signed and stamped by a member of the Licensed Electrical Contractors Association of Nigeria before being sent to AEDC via email.
6. Customers are also strongly advised to use any of the following online payment channels (www.paga.com, http://www.kallakpower.com & http://www.quickteller.com) for the settlement of their electricity bills.
The following rules will apply at all AEDC offices:
1. Hand-held infrared thermometers to monitor the body temperature of staff and visitors before entering into AEDC offices have been provided and in use;
2. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers and facilities for hand washing have also been provided;
3. Consequently, there shall be compulsory use of hand sanitizers and/or hand washing under running water before entering into AEDC Offices. Everyone is advised to wash his/her hands with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds.
While we regret any inconvenience this may cause our customers, visitors and vendors, we urge you to kindly cooperate with us as we join hands with the global community to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please be assured of our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of all our staff and customers. We look forward to continuing to serve you to the best of our abilities.
Engineer Ernest Mupwaya